October News 2011
"Looking out for People and Communities"
North Inner City Drugs Task Force Seminar 2011
Thursday 27th October 2011
Cusack Suite, Croke Park, Dublin 3 (Entrance through St. Josephs Ave, Clonliffe Road)Registration: 9.15am
• Morning sessions to discuss views on Drugs Prevention, Rehabilitation, Treatment and Supply Reduction
• A light lunch & networking opportunities will be provided
• Afternoon roundtable workshops to explore key questions on NICDTF priorities and local responses to drugs issues
• Information on projects and services will be on display
Booking essential - email Registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th Oct. 2011
The North West Inner City Network
COMMUNITY INFORMATION FAIR
Thursday 13th October (Launch – by invite) 5.30pm to 7pm
Friday 14th October (Open to the public) 11am to 7pm
The COMPLEX, Smithfield Square
A showcase of local community and voluntary projects and services in the North West Inner City city.
North East Central Community Garden
Public meeting with RTE
Monday 10th October 2011
St. Agathas Hall, William St, Dublin 1
We need all volunteers, individuals who are interested in getting involved and community projects to come along. RTE will be present with cameras’ rolling so everybody’s’ presence will show the strength within our community.
Phone Trevor: 0894492789
Phone and Text: YES2HELP
Facebook: neccom garden
Building a better space, from waste to taste!
SIPTU Community Sector - Open Forum
Thursday, 13 October 2011 at 11am in Liberty Hall.
The purpose of the Forum is to:
- Report on the current issues facing workers in the Community sector as a result of continuous funding cuts and restructuring
- Identify the challenges to local services and programmes arising from the Government comprehensive spending review
- Mobilise, organise and defend the sector by increasing Union density and demanding formal recognition for Collective Bargaining
- Assert the continued importance of services and activities delivered by the sector in response to the present acute economic crisis
All workers and activists in the Community sector are invited to attend.
Dublin Aids Alliance - One-day Sexual Health Workshop
Date: Tuesday 15th November 2011
Time: 10am to 4:00pm
Venue: Dublin AIDS Alliance, 53 Parnell Square West, Dublin 1
For full details of the workshop click here.
Monday 17th October, UN Day for the Eradication of Poverty
Close to the Famine Memorial, the commemoration will bring together people from different walks of life and responsibilities. They will gather in a gesture of solidarity with those whose daily struggle against poverty and exclusion is a struggle for the respect of human rights.
Place: Custom House Quay, Dublin 1
Time: 11 am, Monday 17th October
Master of Ceremonies: John Lonergan, former Governor of Mountjoy Prison
An interpreter from the Centre for Deaf Studies at Trinity College will be present during the commemoration. Refreshments will be served afterwards in the Liberty Hall.
For more information about the World Day, please contact the 17th October Committee
c/o ATD Fourth World-Ireland, 26 Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1. Tel: 01 855 8191